UTA is proposing several changes to service in August. A major change includes upgrading and replacing some Flex bus routes with permanent on-demand style service (learn more about our current UTA On Demand service). The proposed service changes provide multiple benefits:
- Imrpove flexibility and access to increase mobility
- Connect riders to transit where and when they need it
- Replace routes with on-demand service or, in some cases, new Flex routes
- Improve working conditions for operators
- Set the stage for future service improvements outlined in UTA’s Five-Year Plan
Scroll down to learn more about proposed changes, find ways to engage, and share your comments.
Proposed Major Service Changes
Routes changed with a new service type
- Route F504—Replaced by UTA On Demand
- Route F518—Replaced by UTA On Demand
- Route F534—Replaced by UTA On Demand
- Route F546—Replaced by UTA On Demand
- Route F547—Replaced by UTA On Demand
Routes changed with a reduction in frequency
- Route 871—Reduce frequency during midday due to low ridership
Routes changes with a new service type, new route alignments, and expanded service
- Route 11—Replaced by F11, increased weekday service to 30 min and added Saturday service (See F11 Map)
- Route 232—Replaced by F232, increased weekday service to 30 min and added Saturday service (See F232 Map)
- Route F514 — Increased weekday service to 30 min.
- Route F556—Extend to 7800 South, discontinue route on Copper City Dr, 6200 South (served by 54); discontinue loop around Lake Park Dr (served by 513) (See F556 Map)
- Route F578—Extend to 5600 West, discontinue Jordan Landing loop (served by 240, F570); discontinue service at Binham Junction Station (TRAX access at Gardner Village Station) (See F578 Map)
Opportunities to Get Involved
Your feedback will be considered in the service planning process and incorporated into the finalized changes for August 2021.
Virtual Public Hearing
Visit us at Customer Service!
UTA Customer Service locations will host information about proposed service changes onsite in an informal open house format during the public comment period from April 28 through May 28.
Members of the public who wish to learn more and leave a comment in-person can do so at the following locations, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM:
1110 S. Geneva Rd, Orem, UT 84058
Downtown Salt Lake City
250 South 600 West, SLC, UT 84101
3600 South 700 West, SLC, UT 84119
Ogden Transit Center
2393 Wall Avenue, Ogden, UT 84401
Leave your comments below or contact us
Scroll to the bottom to drop your comment, or:
Call: 801-743-3882- option 5
Send Mail: Utah Transit Authority, C/O Megan Waters, 669 W 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
On-System Open House Events
Stop by one of our on-system outdoor open house events to chat with UTA staff and learn more about proposed service changes.
- Thursday, May 6, 3pm-7pm, Daybreak Parkway Station
- Tuesday, May 11, 3pm-7pm, Draper Town Center
- Wednesday, May 19, 3pm-7pm, Draper FrontRunner Station