To make Tucson "Home for Everyone".
The following programs are included in this department:
Staffing By Program
*Full Time Equivalent Employee (FTE)
Budget By Program
Budget By Expense Category
Budget By Funding Source
The adopted budget for Fiscal Year 2021/22 of $102,674,760 reflects a net decrease of $28,153,390 from the Fiscal Year 2020/21 Adopted Budget. Major changes include the following:
- Increase in salary and employee related expenses* by $423,610
- Increase in Mayor and Council priorities for the Community Safety Program** by $533,240
- Decrease in services by $25,824,980
- Decrease in supplies by $381,200
- Decrease in Capital Improvement Projects by $3,232,560
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, City of Tucson experienced many families with loss of income, falling behind on rent and utilities, and food insecurity. The department has been focusing on reducing public housing vacancies. Drafting of a transformation plan for the Choice planning grant area, known as Thrive in O5, for the revitalization of housing, and reduction of crime in the area. Greater collaboration and funding with nonprofit partners through the implementation of P-CHIP Plan and funding process.