To provide an environment that creates trust and confidence in the City of Tucson organization and management systems that facilitates the delivery of the highest quality municipal services to Tucson residents.
The following programs are included in this department:
Staff By Program
*Full Time Equivalent Employee (FTE)
Budget By Program
Budget By Expense Category
Budget By Funding Source
The adopted budget for Fiscal Year 2021/22 of $7,313,500 reflects a net decrease of $3,521,190 from the Fiscal Year 2020/21 Adopted Budget. Major changes include the following:
- Increase in Mayor and Council priorities for the Resilient Recovery Program* by $816,040
- Increase in Mayor and Council priorities for the Community Safety Program** by $373,260
- Increase in Mayor and Council priorities for the Equity Program*** by $176,020
- Decrease in COVID-19 disaster relief funding by $5,320,000
* Resilient Recovery program includes the Ignite Tucson and 5 full-time employees under Small Business Support and Development Project.
** Community Safety Program will expand the Independent Police Auditor’s Office.
*** Equity program includes 2 new full-time employees.
The office of the City Manager has experienced growth in terms of personnel and programs in the last two years. The increase in personnel budget is mainly due to the establishment of the Equity Office and other initiatives that support Mayor and Council's initiatives, such as Small Business Support and Development, and the Community Safety Program.