Department Finance Information
DEPARTMENT NAME: Technology & Innovation
DEPARTMENT WEBSITE: https://www.tampa.gov/technology-and-innovation
VISION AND MISSION:
Technology & Innovation’s vision is to enable the City’s digital business transformation to meet our citizen’s mobile, on demand lifestyle. The department’s mission is to help the City’s business units plan for the future, create strategic partnerships, and lead technology changes that enable faster, more informed business decisions.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The Technology & Innovation Department has established the following goals and objectives to be achieved over the next five years:
- Deliver outstanding services: Meet or exceed customer and constituent expectations through technology;
- Align information technologies (IT) services with the City’s business objectives;
- Energize business innovation: Lead the process designed to improve business operations that promote service excellence and advance the vision, mission, and direction of the City;
- Apply technology to modernize how City government works;
- Enable technology to play a critical role in the economic future of the City;
- Foster a professional culture: Value input, expect teamwork, respect others, and promote employee development; and
- Be the IT and electronics service provider for all City departments, City administration, and external City agencies.
CURRENT OPERATIONS AND INITIATIVES:
The Technology & Innovation Department focuses on supporting City departments in the efficient delivery of services to the community. The core services provided by the Technology & Innovation Department include:
- Operations and business process improvement;
- Development, implementation, and management of business applications including Enterprise Resource Planning, Utility Management, Land Management, departmental information processing systems, and the City’s web portal;
- Support of the City’s telecommunications and networks, client hardware and electronics technology, and host systems for servers and storage; and
- Provide protection for the City’s critical information and technology resources.
Department Performance Measures:
PERFORMANCE CHART HISTORY: https://stories.opengov.com/tampa/published/1wEeJ7Ow4
Technology & Innovation receives requests for all Information Technology services via telephone, email, direct communications, and meetings. Requests are entered and prioritized into the Technology & Innovation work order management system for assigning resources, budgeting, and worked through to customer acceptance.
Technology & Innovation captures requests for radio technology services via telephone, drive up, email, direct communications, and meetings. Work orders are entered, managed, and worked through to customer acceptance.
This metric presents measured responsiveness of the Technology & Innovation Service Desk agents in answering telephone calls from our customers. These calls include handling problems on the spot and, as necessary, creating tickets for work that cannot be completed instantly.
Operating Budget Analysis
No revenues are earned by this General Fund department. General revenues provide all the funding.
Personnel Expenses increase from Revised FY2021 is due to increases in salaries, pension contributions, and healthcare costs. Operating Expenses increase from Revised FY2021 is due to expenses for network security and Accela hosting.
Capital Project Details
Technology & Innovation is investing $2.1 million of utilities services taxes in FY2022 for citywide backup data center upgrades and additional public safety communications system equipment.
The Capital Improvement Program Budget does not include cost allocation.
Note: "To Date" Budget and Actual Balances on PDF pages are as of preparation of the budget and may not match the "To Date" balances on department pages.