Department Finance Information
DEPARTMENT WEBSITE: https://www.tampagov.net/chief-of-staff
VISION AND MISSION:
The Chief of Staff envisions all City departments and agencies to be integrated in the most efficient and effective manner possible. The Chief of Staff is responsible for the administration of the City government under the direction of the Mayor.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
• Improve staff coordination and morale;
• Improve communications within the City government and with outside agencies;
• Increase accountability for all employees;
• Improve input, output, and outcome efficiencies of all employees;
• Improve effective and equitable customer service; and
• Create a positive and productive working relationship with City Council, on behalf of the public.
CURRENT OPERATIONS AND INITIATIVES:
• Advocate for efficient, effective and equitable city government focused on decreasing costs, increasing revenue, and providing outstanding customer service;
• Oversee staff efforts to prepare for and respond to emergencies;
• Support continued implementation of the Diversity Management Initiative; and
• Oversee and support City departments including Human Resources, Purchasing, and Technology and Innovation, along with the ADA Coordinator, Sustainability and Resiliency Positions, and Youth Development Coordinator, as well as administration oversight of major events.
Department Performance Measures
The Chief of Staff has direct supervisory responsibility for the departments of Human Resources & Talent Development, Purchasing, and Technology & Innovation.
Use the following links for each respective department page:
- Human Resources & Talent Development: https://stories.opengov.com/tampa/published/jjIeLS5IP
- Technology & Innovation: https://stories.opengov.com/tampa/published/tykQNPcn1
Operating Budget Analysis
No revenues are earned by this General Fund department. General revenues provide all funding.
Personnel Expenses increase from Revised FY2021 is due to increases in salaries, pension contributions, healthcare costs and addition of one FTE position. Operating Expenses increase from Revised FY2021 is due to contractual services related to the City's Sustainability program.