Vision and Mission
Purchasing's mission is to facilitate the acquisition of goods and services for all City of Tampa departments, through the application of innovative methods, adhering to ethical and legal principles, acquiring the best value for the best price without favoritism, efficiently and inexpensively, assuring fair and equal opportunity to all qualified vendors who participate in the competitive process.
Goals and Objectives
- Goods and Services Procurement: Facilitate the acquisition of goods and services for all City of Tampa departmental personnel and projects utilizing best practices while incorporating Women/Minority and Small Local Business Enterprise endeavors equitably
- Purchasing systems administration of automated purchasing systems including Oracle EBS, P-Card Works, and DemandStar
- Inventory Management: Provide, secure, and effectively account for sufficient levels of essential goods and spare parts needed on a continuous basis for all City of Tampa personnel. Continue to utilize strategic procurement objectives in order to reduce on-hand inventory costs by reducing lead times for replenishment of required operational inventory levels
- Specification Writing: Provide specification technical assistance for all City of Tampa departments to accomplish competitiveness, clarity, and purpose and to determine performance versus brand specification appropriateness
- Asset Disposition: Responsible for the sale and/or disposal of surplus and obsolete tangible property at the highest possible return on investment.
- Job Order Contracting: An indefinite quantity procurement system pursuant to which the Contractor may perform an ongoing series of individual projects at different location sites and facilities under the jurisdiction of the City of Tampa.