Fund Balance Schedules
As part of the preparation of the budget, the City prepares summary schedules of revenues, expenses, and fund balance for each fund.
For instructions on reading the schedules and navigation to each schedule group, please see below.
How to Read the Schedules
Schedules are organized into groups based on their fund types (such as Special Revenue, Capital Project, Fiduciary, Enterprise, etc). Similar funds are reported together.
The schedules show balances in account groups defined by the Florida State Uniform Accounting System Manual for Local Governments.
Schedules consist of four columns, from left to right:
- The name of the account group,
- Actual balances for the prior fiscal year (FY2020)
- Projections for the end of the current fiscal year (FY2021), and
- Recommended budget for the upcoming fiscal year (FY2022).
The bottom lines of each schedule represent the change to, beginning, and ending fund balance for the reported group of funds.
Funds with greater than 10% change to fund balance will include notes explaining the change.
Fund Balance Schedule Groups
Click on each group to be taken to the corresponding reports.
Gross to Net Adjustment
Fund Balance Schedules represent the gross total budget (Expenses and Revenues of $2,154,468,380).
In keeping with the requirement to produce a balanced budget, the following adjustments are applied to both revenue and expenses associated with their qualifying activity. In total, these adjustments translate the gross total budget to the net appropriated budget:
- Internal Service and Interdepartmental Billing activities - Reduction of ($115,467,751).
- Transfers between Funds, Appropriated Reserves, and Retained Fund Balances - Reduction of ($236,907,902).
- Total Reduction: ($352,375,653)