Department Finance Information
DEPARTMENT WEBSITE: https://www.tampa.gov/city-clerk
VISION AND MISSION:
The Office of the City Clerk’s vision is to have the best possible technological solution for access and management of the City’s official records and archives. Tampa has always been a community that is proud of its heritage; as such, the duties of the City Clerk’s Office are to preserve the City’s history and to maintain and protect the City’s records in accordance with the City Charter and Florida Statutes.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The City Clerk affirms and adheres to the highest standards in official record-keeping and support functions inherent in the office’s responsibilities by:
- Striving to provide excellent customer service to all City departments and citizens;
- Serving as the information center of functions of local government and the community;
- Being mindful of the neutrality and impartiality of the City Clerk’s Office, rendering equal service to all;
- Continually improving the administration of the City Clerk’s Office through participation in education programs, seminars, workshops, and annual meetings of the state, region, and international professional organizations;
- Maintaining and protecting the official set of City records in accordance with the City Charter and Florida Statutes; and
- Reviewing, upgrading, and maximizing available methods and applications that will improve productivity and efficiency.
CURRENT OPERATIONS AND INITIATIVES:
The City Clerk’s Office continues to provide administrative support in preparing meeting agendas, recordings, minutes, and legal notices for City Council, Administration, Civil Services, Community Redevelopment Agency, Public Nuisance Abatement Board, Code Enforcement Board, and Citizen Review Board meetings.
As the City’s official records custodian, inactive and vital records are stored for all departments. Several functions have been streamlined in areas of code enforcement hearings and processing public records requests.
Operating Budget Analysis
Revenues earned by this General Fund department do not fully fund the department’s operations. General revenues provide the remaining funding.
Personnel Expenses increase from Revised FY2021 is due to increases in salaries, pension contributions, and healthcare costs. Operating Capital Expenses decrease from Revised FY2021 is due to decreases in equipment replacement.