Infrastructure and transportation improvements for Avaition/Starmetro transit and equipment procurement for the City's fleet.
Departments that have projects under Transportation Category are:
Strategic Plan Priorities addressed are:
- Economic Development
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Public Infrastructure
Transportation Fiscal Year 2023 & 5-Year Total by Project
Transportation - Project Long Description & Year by Year Total
*Hover over to see full description*
Transportation Funding Source by Department & Project
Strategic Plan Objective & Initiative Impacts:
Economic Development Obj. 1A (5) - ENHANCE AND MODERNIZE INFRASTRUCTURE TO ENABLE CAPACITY FOR GROWTH.
- Complete construction of Customs Facility at Tallahassee International Airport by 2024
Economic Development Obj. 1B (3,5) - SOLICIT OPPORTUNITY FOR NEW AND EMERGING INDUSTRIES TO LOCATE IN TALLAHASSEE
- Gross Domestic Product of Tallahassee Metropolitan Statistical Area. Target $15 billion
- Total annual exports from the Tallahassee Metropolitan Statistical Area. $350 million
Economic Development Obj. 1C (1-4) - INCREASE TALLAHASSEE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT’S ECONOMIC IMPACT ON THE REGION.
- Dollar value of Tallahassee International Airport’s economic impact. Target $1 Billion
- Annual total passenger traffic (enplanements and deplanements). Target $1 Million
- Annual total cargo (enplaned and deplaned). Target 22 million pounds
- Acres of land leased near Tallahassee International Airport. Target 100 acres
Organizational Effectiveness Obj. 3C (1,4) - MAP, ANALYZE, AND IMPROVE ALL WORK PROCESSES.
- Rate of availability for City fleet. Target 96%
- Attain status as a “Top 100 Fleet.”
Public Infrastructure Obj 4B (1-3) - BE A LEADER IN ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP
- Percent of electric, hybrid electric, and CNG vehicles within inventory of City’s Light Duty Fleet by 2024. Target 25%
- Tonnage of recyclables collected annually. Target 13,000 tons annually and 75% recycling participation rate
- Develop and adopt the City's Clean Energy Plan for 2050 by 2024
Public Infrastructure Obj 4E (1-3) - ENSURE PUBLIC TRANSIT IS ACCESSIBLE, EFFICIENT, AND EQUITABLE.
- Rate of on-time transit performance. Target 90%
- Complete construction of a multi-modal transportation hub at C.K. Steele Plaza by 2022.
- Complete construction of the South City Transit Center by 2022.