The Sanitation Team is responsible for the collection and disposal of all residential and commercial garbage and recycling materials in the City of Stuart. The Yard Trash Collection Team is responsible for the collection and disposal of all yard trash and debris, including tires, metal goods and household furnishings disposed of by City residents.
Goals and Objectives
- Continue promoting the Safety Incentive Program “SIP” so that all employees have positive attitude towards safety and practice good safety habits.
- Continue the expansion of brown carts for yard waste collection.
- Reduce large yard waste piles collected by the lightning loader.
- Provide outstanding sanitation service that meets customer expectations.
- Continue to work on methods to improve collection and reduce disposal costs where possible.
- Eliminate customer complaints and missed pickups.
- Continue public awareness promoting the benefits of residential single stream recycling.
- Increase random spot checking of residential recycle carts for the proper separation of recycle material from the waste stream to reduce contamination.
- Continue removing residential carts from commercial areas where access is available.
- Maintain superior fleet appearance.
- Continue annual audit of residential accounts by verifying billing of services on account versus field assessments and GPS system to assure customers are charged properly for services provided.
- Continue removing commercial carts from commercial areas where access is available.
- Audit commercial accounts and adjust service levels by increasing dumpster size on multiple stop accounts, thereby reducing operational costs and increasing department safety.
- Increase business owners’ awareness on the benefits of commercial recycling and roll off services.
- Continue audits of commercial accounts by verifying billing of services on account versus the route sheets and field assessments to assure customers are charged properly for services provided