Our mission is to pursue justice through the fair and ethical prosecution of criminal violations of the Code of Virginia and the Code of Stafford County; to create a safer community through positive partnerships with law enforcement and other community members; and to earn and hold the trust and respect of the citizens that we are privileged and honored to serve. The Victim Witness Assistance Program advises crime victims of their rights, as well as offers support, community referrals, guidance and education of the criminal justice system.
Who Are We?
- Prosecute felonies and misdemeanor appeals in Circuit Court.
- Prosecute felonies and misdemeanors in General District Court.
- Prosecute felonies and misdemeanors in Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.
- Institute civil proceedings to forfeit the proceeds of drug-related crimes, including cash and personal property, to the state.
- Provide legal advice/training to state & local law enforcement agencies.
- Protect the rights of crime victims and witnesses.
- Support and aid crime victims, families and witnesses throughout the court process.
- Body Worn Camera Initiative three full time positions
- Assistant Commonwealth Attorney (mid-year)
- Legal Assistant (mid-year)
- 4.5% Pay Scale Adjustment
- 2.0% Salary Increase
- 2.13% increase in Virginia Retirement System Rate
- .03% decrease in the Virginia Retiree Health Insurance Credit Rate
- Increase to overtime
- Increase for contracts
- Enhance the security of the citizens of Stafford County in their homes and daily lives by comprehensively prosecuting criminal cases and aggressively prosecuting crimes against children, particularly internet predators and cases involving physical and sexual abuse. (Service levels 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10)
- Continue educational programs to ensure a high level of legal competence and knowledge of crime victims’ rights for all Stafford County prosecutors and Victim Witness Program, and continue community prosecution/outreach programs to further educate the public on emerging criminal threats to community safety. (Service levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10)
- Maximize state and local funding, technology and programs to increase professionalism, job performance and efficiency. (Service level 8)
- Continue to provide extensive training and guidance to local and state law enforcement departments, including annual legal updates, academy instruction and in-service training.