To ensure the Department of Capital Construction delivers safe, practical, and efficient goods and services to the customers and citizens of Stafford County.
Who Are We?
The Department of Capital Construction provides planning, engineering and construction services associated with the County’s public construction and transportation programs.
- Administration of the County's Transportation Fund through studies, design, and construction of County road projects.
- Facilitating and monitoring sources of contributions to the County's Transportation Fund, including the 2019 Transportation Bond Referendum, service districts, impact fees, proffers, etc.
- 4.5% Pay Scale Adjustment
- 2.0% Salary Increase
- 2.13% increase in Virginia Retirement System Rate
- .03% decrease in the Virginia Retiree Health Insurance Credit Rate
- Additional funding for staff development and training
- Memberships and dues
- Increase in software maintenance costs
- Increase in licensing and renewals
- Increase in utility costs
- New Initiatives:
- Funding to cover office of Engineering rental, utilities and office supplies (In FY2022 was paid by Utilities)
- Construct safe, reliable, and necessary infrastructure to improve the quality of life for citizens of Stafford County. (Service level 1)
- Track different sources of funds related to the County’s Transportation Fund. (Service level 4)
- Improve overall traffic conditions and monitor flows of traffic within the County. (Service level 5)