We, the men and women of the Stafford County Sheriff's Office, in partnership with our community, are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life by maintaining order, protecting life and property, and reducing the fear of crime. We will ensure the peace and safety of all citizens by upholding the Constitution of the United States and the Commonwealth of Virginia. As leaders of the community, we will embrace our core beliefs: Integrity, Compassion, Fairness and Professionalism.
Who Are We?
“Dedicated, innovative people, working with the community, to serve and protect Stafford County while using the best tools and technology available.”
- Is a division of the Sheriff’s Office, and its services are mandated by Virginia law.
- Providing court security to the Circuit Court, General District Court, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.
- Serving civil and criminal documents on behalf of the Courts
- Extraditing and transporting suspects that have been apprehended by other jurisdictions on warrants from Stafford County.
- Transporting mental health patients to state hospitals.
Budget Details for the Sheriff’s Law Enforcement Operations, Community Outreach and Emergency Communications Center may be found in the Public Safety section of the County Budget.
- FY2022 approved Part Time to Full Time conversion R21-208
- 4.5% Pay Scale Adjustment
- 2.0% Salary Increase
- 2.13% increase in Virginia Retirement System Rate
- .03% decrease in the Virginia Retiree Health Insurance Credit Rate
- To improve service capabilities through effective use of personnel resources, time, equipment, technology, research, and planning to continue to meet the safety and security expectations of the community. (Service levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6)
- To improve court safety and security of visitors, staff, and judges through the phased implementation of recommendations in the Stafford County Sheriff’s Office Staffing Study. (Service levels 4, 5, and 6)
- To maintain and enhance the security of visitors, employees and judges of the Courts through continued improvements to facilities, equipment, training, techniques and procedures. (Service levels 1, 2, 3, and 4)
- To provide safe, timely, and effective transport of prisoners and suspects entrusted to our care. (Service level 5)
- To efficiently and effectively serve the civil and criminal documents ordered by the Courts. (Service level 6)
The identified goals support the Board of Supervisors Priorities for the Community, the Sheriff’s Office Core Values, Virginia law, and the County’s Visions and Values.