The Central Rappahannock Regional Library inspires lifelong learning for everyone in our community.
Who Are We?
The Central Rappahannock Regional Library (CRRL) works diligently to meet our community’s 21st century needs, respond to customer interests and requests, engage them with unique opportunities and materials, and provide excellent customer service. CRRL’s impact will be profound as lives are improved, and an innovative and dynamic community is created. Individuals will thrive thanks to the events, services, connections, educational opportunities, entertainment, and knowledge we provide.
Learning – We promote learning and literacy in all forms.
Communications – We are clear, concise, collaborative, and consistent.
Adaptability – We are agile and responsive while making resources and services available to all.
Accountability – We serve as a responsible steward of public resources and trust.
Community – We provide opportunities to meet, exchange ideas, and participate in the life of our customers.
Professionalism – We are qualified, skilled, and committed.
Collaboration – We are committed to collaborating and partnering with other regional leaders and organizations to provide holistic, integrated solutions.
Teamwork – We build and maintain vital connections to the region so that classes, events, services, and resources are relevant, impactful, and meaningful.
Innovation – We are driven by continuous improvement.
READ – Encourage everyone in our region to read, view, and listen.
LEARN – Promote lifelong learning from birth to college and beyond.
MEET – Create thriving spaces where the community connects, access library resources, and share their ideas and stories.
INNOVATE – Provide collections and services that aid in soliciting ideas, build skills, support lifelong learning, and spark creativity.
- Increase Library Clerk I salary by 15% and Library Clerk II salary by 7.5%
- Increase due to minimum wage of $12
- 3% COLA salary icrease
- Increase 457(b) cash match from $20 to $50
- Increase to books an materials
- Stafford County percentage of use increased from 47.9% in FY2022 to 49.38% in FY2023
- CRRL is everyone’s favorite place to borrow books, films, and music, with the help of knowledgeable, friendly staff.
- Enhance reading, viewing, and listening opportunities through programs and partnerships to address regional needs.
- Expand and strengthen support for early literacy.
- Inform and delight the communities in our region with a varied calendar of programs.
- Increase personalized services from staff to meet individual needs for research, information, and technical assistance.
- Optimize the public’s ability to use the library 24/7 by enhancing our digital services.
- Meet community demand for convenient library services by exploring unique service outlets across the region.
- Expand the library’s role as a community resource for meetings and gallery space.
- Increase the quality and quantity of library materials in new and emerging formats.
- Offer the region a more significant number and variety of library materials by increasing the materials budget.
The Central Rappahannock Regional Library’s strategic plan is available for download at http://www.librarypoint.org/strategic-plan.
*CRRL’s full collection is available to customers at all library locations. The collection size includes all physical materials held by the library as well as cataloged electronic resources such as e-books, e-audiobooks, and streaming video. It does not include e-magazines that are available to customers as those materials are not cataloged. The bookstock also does not include electronic resources available to library customers through the Library of Virginia as those are not held in CRRL's collection.
**Residents of CRRL’s participating localities attend classes and events at all library locations.
***Circulation refers to items checked out by library borrowers. Circulation is automatically generated when an item is checked out or renewed by a customer whether it is a physical item or an electronic one.