The primary mission of the Rappahannock Regional Jail is to protect the citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia from those who have been remanded into custody. As the conditions of confinement are important in an effective jail system, we commit to providing a humane environment for those confined.
Who Are We?
Rappahannock Regional Jail Authority
- Stafford is a participating jurisdiction in the Rappahannock Regional Jail Authority (RRJA), together with the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of King George and Spotsylvania.
- Three members represent each locality is on the (12) member Authority.
Rappahannock Juvenile Center
- The purpose of the Rappahannock Juvenile Center is to operate a pre-dispositional and post-dispositional secure juvenile detention home in accordance with the agreement executed by participating jurisdictions dated January 15, 1971, and amended July 1, 1978.
- Increase in operating for Rappahannock Juvenile Center
- Increase in operating and debt service for Rappahannock Regional Jail