To ensure the Department of Development Services provides exceptional customer services, permitting processes, plan review and site inspections to ensure healthy, practicable and sustainable residential and commercial growth and development in Stafford County.
Who Are We?
Customer & Development Services
- Intake, processing and issuing permits associated with residential and commercial development.
- Manages and continually monitors the County’s electronic permit application process.
- Provides in-person training to builders, engineers, etc., regarding the electronic permit process.
- Provides effective and convenient services for all walk-in customers while continuously managing phone calls and email requests associated with the Department of Development Services activities.
- Updating the Department of Development Services website to ensure information is consistently and readily available to customers.
- Promptly addresses Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Ensures safe and properly constructed residential and commercial structures in Stafford County.
- Detailed review of building plans, thorough and complete inspection services during construction activities to ensure building code compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to property owners regarding building code issues and/or provide resolutions involving owner/tenant/contractor disputes.
- Responds to emergencies involving structural failures due to fire, flood, and weather-related conditions.
- Protection of Stafford County’s natural resources by implementing best management practices.
- Detailed review of development plans, and thorough and complete inspection services during construction activities to ensure environmental compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Investigate violations and issue corrective actions associated with the County’s resource protection areas.
- Technical assistance provided to citizens to assist with erosion and stormwater drainage issues.
- Manage securities and performance agreements associated with residential and commercial development.
- Issuance of grading permit applications for residential and commercial land development projects.
- Assists with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) road acceptance process.
- Resolution of citizen concerns relating to transportation issues, including street signs, traffic management, and safety.
- Review of residential development plans for compliance with County and VDOT requirements.
- 4.5% Pay Scale Adjustment
- 2.0% Salary Increase
- 2.13% increase in Virginia Retirement System Rate
- .03% decrease in the Virginia Retiree Health Insurance Credit Rate
- Increase for E-plans software
- Additional funding for Stormwater Homeowner Grant program
- Maintain timely and efficient processing of residential and commercial building permit applications, and implement process improvements associated with the Board's strategic priorities. (Service level 1)
- Streamline the electronic plan review process by introducing Infor Rythmn for Civics and DigEplan electronic plan software. (Service Level 1)
- Continued implementation and enforcement of the 2015 and 2018 (effective 7/01/2022) Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code. Assist customers and citizens with property maintenance issues. (Service levels 1, 2, 3, and 4)
- Perform detailed environmental plan review and related inspection services while implementing a plan of action to address the County’s stormwater challenges. Assist customers and citizens with erosion and storm drainage issues. (Service levels 1 and 5)
- Process developer securities, manage performance agreements, and continued issuance of grading permits. (Service levels 6 and 7)
- Continue assisting in the VDOT road acceptance process.
- Provide technical assistance to County citizens and manage street sign replacement and installation.
- Perform detailed transportation plan reviews of all development projects for compliance with County and VDOT standards.