Establish and maintain a network infrastructure that is secure, reliable, accessible and flexible while providing timely and effective technology support services to city staff that maximizes and enhances their productivity and their ability to provide ever-improving city services.
Personal Services Changes
Personal Services are projected up 22% for FY22.
This budget proposes two new additional positions:
- A Project Manager to support the implementation of digital time and attendance software.
- An IT Specialist to support Email and Office 365 applications.
Changes in salaries are due to negotiated collective bargaining agreements and merit increases based on annual performance reviews.
Ordinary Maintenance Changes
Ordinary Maintenance costs are projected up 19% for FY22.
Primary drivers of the increase include the Software Maintenance, Cellular Equipment, and Computer Equipment lines.
This budget also include three years of funding for the eRate program, enabling an 80% cost share through the program to replace vital network infrastructure.
FY22 Goals & Measures of Progress
GOAL 1: Deploy computers as part of hardware refresh.
- Deploy DPW computers and City Hall computers.
GOAL 2: Reduce Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) phone expenses.
- Save an estimated $7,000 through copper conversion .
GOAL 3: Provide support and analysis for Citywide and department-level application deployments and upgrades.
- Implement Munis Version 2019.1, support Munis Doc Origin conversion, and support at least 3 department-level application implementations.
GOAL 4: Continue to update network infrastructure.
- Upgrade network modules to increase internal bandwidth and upgrade eRate-funded fiber infrastructure.