- One-way to Two-way Reversion of Streets - 2017
- Phase I (Cedar between Fifth & Second) Design - 2018
- Phase I (Cedar between Fifth & Second) Construction - 2018
- Phase II (Cedar at Second to First at Church) Design - 2019
Phase II (Cedar at Second to First at Church),
Construction Begins September 3rd, 2019
WHERE & WHAT?
Full reconstruction, building-face to building-face!
Phase II will have a similar look and feel as Cedar Street:
• Pedestrian Crossing Enhancements & Concrete Crosswalks at Main
• Seat walls at Planters
• Stormwater Pre-treatment at Planters
• Chicane (curve in flow of traffic) between Main & Cedar
• Nearly 50 Healthy Trees
• 50 Standard Parking Spaces, including some Compact Spaces
• 5 ADA Parking Spaces and 4 Motorcycle Parking Zones
• 3 Loading Zones
• 16 Bike Racks and 7 New Benches
• Pedestrian Ornamental Lights & Avista Street Lights at Intersections
• Accommodations for fiber backbone and increased competition
MEET YOUR CONSTRUCTION TEAM
CONTRACTOR - Sonray Enterprises
Sonray Enterprises is the prime contractor. Locally based in Sandpoint, Sonray recently completed the Ontario & Florence Sidewalk Connectivity project ahead of schedule and within budget. Multiple regional subcontractors will be performing various work throughout this project.
See an orange vest?... don't hesitate to stop them and ask for help!
CITY CONTACT - Dan Tadic, PE
Dan serves as the primary point of contact on the project. He is Project Manager and responsible for day to day coordination with the public, businesses, Sonray, Century West Engineers, and our Inspectors.
Dan Tadic, P.E. Phone: 208.263.3577 | email@example.com
INSPECTOR - Kelly Hubener (HMH)
Kelly knows Sandpoint! She grew up here and previously worked for the County and a local consulting firm. Kelly has a wide range of construction inspection experience and will be on-site throughout the project.
INSPECTOR - Bruce Robertson (City)
Bruce is long-time Sandpoint resident and has worked for the City for over a decade. He is vested in the community and has served has a construction inspector on a long list of City projects, including many in the downtown core.