- One-way to Two-way Reversion of Streets - 2017
- Phase I (Cedar between Fifth & Second) Design - 2018
- Phase I (Cedar between Fifth & Second) Construction - 2018
- Phase II (Cedar at Second to First at Church) Design - 2019
- Season 1 Construction: Sept. - Nov. 2019
- Winter Shut Down
Phase II (Cedar at Second to First at Church)
Season 2, Construction: March 16 - May 14, 2020
WHERE & WHAT?
Full reconstruction, building-face to building-face!
Phase II will have a similar look and feel as Cedar Street:
• Pedestrian Crossing Enhancements
• Seat walls at Planters
• Stormwater Pre-treatment at Planters
• Chicane (curve in flow of traffic) between Main & Cedar
• Nearly 50 Healthy Trees
• 50 Standard Parking Spaces, including some Compact Spaces
• 5 ADA Parking Spaces and 4 Motorcycle Parking Zones
• 3 Loading Zones
• 16 Bike Racks and 7 New Benches
• Pedestrian Ornamental Lights & Avista Street Lights at Intersections
• Accommodations for fiber backbone and increased competition
CURRENT ACCESS & A LOOK AHEAD:
UPDATE AS OF MONDAY, MAY 11:
The Downtown Revitalization, Phase II, construction project on First Avenue from Church to Cedar at Second is open for use!
The contractor will be substantially complete with all work by this Thursday, May 14th, as required by the contract. Crews are working to reconstruct an existing, large void under the eastern sidewalk on First at Church. This unanticipated reconstruction and sixty feet of adjacent sidewalk and pavers are anticipated to be done by the original, final completion date of June 1, along with all remaining final touches throughout the project.
This work will be immediately followed by a subsequent, grant-funded contract to install the remaining green ornamental pedestrian lights. The lighting project will take approximately one week to complete and enable flower baskets on First Avenue to be in place by early June.