Police Department Mission
The mission of the Salida Police Department is to protect and serve our community while treating all people with dignity and respect.
Core Services Provided
The Police Department is responsible for the protection of and service to the City of Salida community. To carry out this mission, the Police Department provides the following services:
- Uniformed Patrol, including:
- Response to calls, traffic enforcement, bike patrol, foot patrol, medical assists, community relations, case follow-up, and enforcing Municipal Ordinances and State laws,
- Administrative & Support Functions, including:
- Investigations, SWAT Team, Drug Task Force, School Resource Officer, Walk-in citizen assistance, parking enforcement, community service, code enforcement, animal control, liquor and marijuana licensing inspections, property room management, records management, and administration of clerical and command functions,
- Community Programs / Partners Activities, including:
- Bank personnel training, business safety planning assistance, Solvista Mental Health Co-Responder program, “Communities That Care” Program, For Youth Initiative, Drug Court Team, 4th Grade helmet program, positive ticketing, Halloween safety, FOP school scholarships, and the “Shop with a Cop” program.