Water Treatment Plant
Public Works - Water Treatment Plant Department Mission
To provide a safe potable water supply for the citizens of Salida, operating within parameters set forth by EPA and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and to produce quality water while maintaining a cost effective operation. Furthermore, our water utility desires to be proactive by ensuring that land planning and future demands can be met with the City’s water portfolio and augmentation plan.
Our mission is to maintain and improve the water distribution and wastewater collection system within the City of Salida. We strive to be proactive and address maintenance needs in order to reduce long-term costs. We will work to maintain the water and sewer utility in an efficient manner by utilizing innovative technologies and management programs.
Core Services Provided
The Water Treatment Plant treats and delivers potable water to the City’s municipal water system. All water plant personnel are state-certified and responsible for plant operations, plant infrastructure, resource management, and water analysis. Water Treatment Plant personnel also provide the following core services:
- Maintenance of Water Plant buildings, pump stations, grounds, storage tanks and the Harrington Ditch,
- Supervision of treatment and production of the City’s three water sources, augmentation plan, excess water storage and water releases,
- Marketing of excess water for lease to other users.
Within the Public Works organization, the Distribution & Collection divisions are responsible for maintaining city water and sewer lines to the treatment facilities. Sewer lines maintained include Salida infrastructure in addition to servicing the Poncha Springs area. Core services provided include:
• Maintenance of water and sewer infrastructure, including main lines and water meters
• Monitor backflow device program
• Water leak checks