Who we are
The Recreation Participation Fund is an enterprise fund that provides recreation programs throughout the City. This fund strives to offer quality fee-based programs, activities and special events that meet the present and future leisure needs of all Roswell Citizens.
What we have Accomplished
- Completed collaboration with the Roswell Soccer Club to install Athletic Field Lights on the Grimes Bridge Soccer Fields.
- Completed collaboration with Roswell’s Clay Collective and the Recreation Association to build the regions only wood fired train kiln at Art Center West.
- Recovered $800,000 in revenue loss to the Recreation Participation fund and developed strategies to balance the fund during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Utilized the CampDoc, a medical document management software, to reduce administration time and costs to collect and store medical and emergency information while making families’ lives easier and safer in the event of an emergency.
- Successfully reorganized all programs during the COVID-19 pandemic while following all state and CDC recommended guidelines to maintain the safety of our participants and their families.
- Bettye Prescott was awarded the 2020 Georgia Recreation and Parks Association Volunteer of the Year Award for her work with the Roswell Ramblers.
- Secured CDBG-CV grant funding for Adaptive Friendship Camp for 2021.
- Developed and implemented an online reservation systems for lap swimming, tennis, and special programs to manage participant numbers, safety and social distancing requirements.
- Gym Recruit Pros ranked our Gymnastics Program 9th nationally for Men’s Gymnastics recruiting.
What we expect to Accomplish
- Revise our special event programming plan to adapt to the COVID-19 recovery process and support our communities needs for health, wellness and community connection.
- Safely reintroduce increased programming, occupancy and use of community facilities throughout the COVID-19 recovery plan.
- Expand outdoor programming through our partnership with Nantahala Outdoor Center.
- Improve customer access to reserve pickleball courts, racquet ball courts and certain facilities through our registration software system.
- Develop brochures and newsletters targeted specifically for our Adaptive and Active Adult Communities.
- Collaborate across divisions to develop new program and event offerings for the community.
- Offer programs within the E-Sports market.