Wildfire Recovery & Rebuilding

Financial Assistance

The purpose of this site is to provide Shasta County and the City of Redding residents with the latest information around financial assistance.

When applying for CalWORKs cash assistance, residents can request an immediate need payment if they’re experiencing an emergency situation. The worker will evaluate whether they’re eligible for a cash assistance amount right away, which can be up to $200, or a referral to a community resource.

Emergency situations include the following:

•Lack of housing

•Pending eviction

•Lack of food

•Utility shutoff notice


•Clothing needs

•Other immediate health and safety issues

Food, Financial and Housing Assistance in Shasta County

Visit to learn about what programs are available to help provide assistance with food, finances and housing.


Clients can apply for these replacement benefits through the C4Yourself website.

You may also apply in person, by mail, or phone at the following regional offices:

• Anderson- 2889 East Center St., Anderson, 378-1146

• Burney- 36911 Main St. (Hwy. 299 E.), Burney, 335-5576

CalFresh office locations are available online.

Disaster Loan Outreach Center (DRC)

The deadline to apply for FEMA assistance was October 3, 2018; however, SBA remains in our community to assisting private residents in mitigating the costs of repairing damage due to the Carr fire.

SBA representatives will continue to be available at the Redding Disaster Loan Outreach Center (DLOC) to meet with business owners and residents. Through Thursday, November 1, SBA will be at the First Christian Church of Redding at 3590 Placer Street.

No appointment is necessary.

Residents impacted by the fire can go to the DLOC to get information about federally backed loan products available for residents.

The DLOC will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday (closed Saturday and Sunday).More than 4,400 people have been approved for FEMA assistance to date. SBA is a valuable resource to help homeowners, renters, and business owners bridge the gaps that may prevent rebuilding.

Debris Removal Operations Center

The Debris Removal Operations Center (DROC) will open next wek to provide resources to assist homeowners through the debris removal process with Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) and CalRecycle. The location and hours of operation will post here when details have been finalized.

Additional Forms and Flyers

Debris Removal info

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

Any WIC clients who lost their WIC vouchers or WIC foods bought with vouchers due to the fire can get them replaced through August 10.

Shasta County WIC offices are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and clients can walk in or call ahead at (530) 225-5168 to make an appointment for replacement checks.

WIC office locations

Unemployment assistance

California Employment Development Department (EDD), provides temporary unemployment benefits to people whose jobs or work hours were directly impacted by the fires.

Affected individuals are encouraged to apply.

Claimants can also file by phone at 1-800-300-5616 (English) or 1-800-326-8937 (Spanish).

United Policyholders

United Policyholders provides professional advocacy for insured policyholders. If you need assistance navigating the insurance claim process, find more information at:https://www.uphelp.org/CarrFire.

Law Help CA

What is LawHelpCA?

LawHelpCA is California’s official and free legal resource.

  • RELIABLE information about common legal issues, written by reputable sources on 16 general topics and over 140 specific subtopics

  • UPDATED directory of legitimate and pre-screened organizations that offer free or low-cost legal advice and representation

Legal Services of Northern California

SBA Disaster Assistance Program

View the press release that was issued noting some of the specifics of the SBA disaster assistance program, or visit the SBA website to learn more about what is offered to all residents.

Did you know?

The Small Business Administration (SBA) helps businesses of all sizes, private nonprofits, homeowners and renters by providing low-interest direct federal recovery loans for uninsured or under-insured damages.

  • Loans for homeowners can be up to $200,000 to repair their primary residence.

  • Homeowners and renters can receive up to $40,000 for personal property losses, including disaster damaged vehicles.

  • Small businesses and nonprofit organizations can qualify for up to $2,000,000 to repair/replace business real estate, inventory, equipment, machinery, etc.

  • For small businesses and most private nonprofit organizations, SBA can also offer low-interest Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL's) as well as loans for physical damages.These EIDL’s provide working capital to help businesses through the recovery period.The business/nonprofit DOES NOT need to have suffered physical damage.

  • Rates are as low as 1.938 percent for homeowners or renters, 3.61 percent for businesses and 2.5 percent for private nonprofits with terms up to 30 years.



If you have any questions that aren't answered on this site, please review the FAQ. If your question hasn't already been asked and answered, submit your question here.

Shasta County and the City of Redding are receiving a high number of questions. We are working around the clock to respond to questions and get services back to normal. During this time we appreciate your patience and understanding if your questions are not immediately answered.