Wildfire Recovery & Rebuilding

Post-Fire Landscaping & Restoration

The purpose of this site is to provide Shasta County and the City of Redding residents who will be installing landscaping and vegetation on their properties after a fire.

When can you begin work on your property if your home has been destroyed by the Carr Fire?

After the property has had a final approval notification and the notification form is returned to the City or County. Once the debris removal by CalRecycle has been completed, soil samples show that clean up goals have been met, and erosion control measures have been applied (unless a waiver has been submitted), then the final approval notice is sent to the City or County for sign-off. Once the sign off form is completed by staff, an official letter will be mailed to the property owner(s). The property owner can then proceed with performing work on the property.

Fire-Resistant Plants for Home Landscapes

When landscaping around a home, most homeowners are interested in creating a landscape that is aesthetically pleasing, complements their home, and has variations in color, texture flowers, and foliage. When selecting plants, you should also consider the flammability of plants (i.e., fuel), particularly if your home is adjacent to a forest or rangeland. This document provides homeowners information on selecting plants that may reduce risk from wildfire.


If you have any questions that aren't answered on this site, please review the FAQ. If your question hasn't already been asked and answered, submit your question here.

Shasta County and the City of Redding are receiving a high number of questions. We are working around the clock to respond to questions and get services back to normal. During this time we appreciate your patience and understanding if your questions are not immediately answered.