Meet DASH, the Downtown Area Shuttle, a fast, free, reliable service for Downtown Redding. This partnership between the City of Redding, Redding Police Department (RPD), and Redding Electric Utility (REU), VIVA Downtown and the McConnell Foundation, with support from other Downtown organizations, will support ease of motion through Downtown during ongoing construction. The DASH will serve to transport those who live, work and play in Downtown Redding into the city’s center from outlying parking lots, connecting them with the shops, restaurants and attractions that make Downtown Redding special.
The shuttles will run on two distinct loops, which will circle every eight to ten minutes at designated shuttle stops.
With multiple stops located throughout Downtown Redding, you’re always just steps away from grabbing a ride! Head to your nearest stop and grab a ride to your next downtown destination.
- Please do not travel if you are feeling sick.
- Sanitize your hands – We highly recommend using antibacterial solution before taking a seat or touching any areas within the DASH
- Wear a face mask or covering – A facial covering over both your nose and mouth is required while riding, boarding, disembarking, and waiting for DASH
- Maintain social distance – We ask that DASH guests keep social distance while waiting to board and while disembarking
- Board Safely – Please board the shuttle slowly, one at a time. Maintain distance as much as possible inside the vehicle.
- Surfaces – DASH operators will wipe down all interior high-touch and handling surfaces on all vehicles with disinfectant each day prior to community shuttle service and as needed throughout their service route time.
- Detailing – DASH operators will detail the entire interior of the vehicle twice per week including disinfection of all surfaces.
- Cleaning Products – Soap and water, non-toxic detergents and cleaning products that remove dirt, grime and debris from surfaces will be used on a regular basis. Additionally, wet cleaning methods (such as mopping and spraying) will be employed as well.
One of the goals of the Downtown Strategy is to make biking, walking, and public transportation more accessible for the community. Many of the changes happening Downtown incorporate elements that make biking and walking easier, safer and more enjoyable. Another goal has been connecting Downtown Areas to existing trails like the Sacramento River Trail. The effort and intention is to make Downtown accessible in as many transportation ways as possible.
These partners support the City of Redding and The McConnell Foundation’s efforts to develop biking and walking paths in Downtown Redding, diversifying modes of transportation for the area. For more information and to get involved, visit:
- Shasta Living Streets: a local community-based organization providing services in Downtown for daily active living
-Healthy Shasta: a local collaborative promoting healthy, active lifestyles
Additionally, the Cross-Town Express, a bus route provided by Redding Area Bus Authority (RABA), offers riders an alternative to parking downtown. It takes approximately 12 minutes on the Cross-Town Express to commute between the Canby Transfer Center and the Downtown Transit Center, with a quick stop at the Civic Auditorium in between. This service allows riders to traverse Downtown Redding on foot without having to secure parking in the immediate area.