Town of Provincetown
FY 2024 Budget
Division 2: Finance
135 Town Accountant
The Department of Municipal Finance (DMF) includes Accounting, Treasury, Collecting, Assessing and Information Systems. Staff cooperation from each division provides for all financial services and activities carried out by all municipal officers and agents of the Town of Provincetown. The DMF provides support to all departments, boards and committees in any matter related to financial affairs. Departmental responsibilities include compliance with Massachusetts General Laws and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue’s schedule for submission of reports. The DMF also manages all debt issuance and payment as well as audit inquiry and compliance.
Major Accomplishments for 2022
- Despite numerous staff turnover in the first half of 2022, the Finance Department continued to operate with efficiency and ends 2022 with a solid team in place.
- First town on the Cape to have their tax rate set.
- Maintained positive bond rating.
FY 2023/FY 2024 Objectives
- Continue training and cross training for finance department staff.
- Implement MUNIS Betterment and PO modules.
- Continue to develop and implement financial policies.
- Continue developing budgeting and forecasting software that includes data analysis.