Fiscal Year 2023
The Owatonna Public Library serves the citizens of Owatonna and greater Steele county by offering materials, electronic resources, programming and meeting spaces.
- Completion of bathroom on 3rd floor
- Awarded $37,000 from T-Mobile for the Hometown Grant for the creation of a Makerspace.
- Began reorientation of current shelving layout.
- Reinstituted in person programming including story times, author visits and summer reading program.
- Increased participation in community wide events including Downtown Thursdays and the Lighted Parade.
- Held staff training day
- With SELCO, competed patron library use survey.
- Continued conversion of 2nd floor office space into a meeting room
- Install new circulation desk and new shelving
- Complete construction of small meeting spaces
- Expand programming to locations outside the library (local businesses, Parks and Recreation)
- Increase YoungAdult/Teen programming and materials collection
- Painting of 2nd Floor
- Continue utilizing different media to promote library (PEG channel, Facebook, Tik Tok)