Fiscal Year 2023
The Owatonna Fire Departments mission is to save lives and property in a safe and efficient manner.
- Added 2 new FT Fire Equipment Operators
- Completed the training of 6 new paid on call firefighters
- Began using OpenGov (purchasing, 2023 budget prep)
- Began using CitizenServices (Rental Licenses, Fire Protection Systems, Nuisance Complaints)
- Implemented a system (in GIS) to allow fire staff to document pre-plan information for various businesses in our community
- updated and implemented a training program / onboarding program for new FT firefighters
- Hosted a National Fire Academy Safety Officer Class
- Reorganized the system we use for manage our Safety Data Sheets to make it more usable for employees
- Began updating the Cities Safety Manual
- Publish a monthly Safety Topic from the Safety Committee to all employees.
- Co-hosted a table top HAZMAT drill at a local business with multiple response agencies.
- Add a Fire Marshal
- Increase our technical rescue capabilities through training
- Emergency Management - Assist the County in updating the All Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Have all FT firefighters state certified as Fire Inspector I
- Roll out department policy and procedures