FY 2022-23 Adopted Policy Budget
The mission of the Office of the City Clerk is to deliver high quality, professional services to the citizens of the City of Oakland, elected officials, and the internal organization that supports their needs and goals, by providing seamless access to information to fully participate in the decision-making processes affecting the quality of life for everyone in the City of Oakland.
Learn more about who we are and what we do here.
SERVICE IMPACTS &
Trustworthy and Responsible Government
- Add $60,000 in funding to update the City of Oakland retention schedule. The current retention schedule is severely out of date and has not been updated since 2003. The existing schedule applies only to hardcopy records and does not include any of the increasing variations of electronic documents.
- Equity Consideration: Updating the retention schedule will increase public access to public information which will be beneficial to Oakland residents and City of Oakland staff. This update will also ensure access for English as a Second Language (ESL) residents, and Black, Indigenous, Latino, Asian, immigrant and refugee communities in Oakland.
- Add $213,000 for meeting translation services (Spanish, Cantonese, and Mandarin).
- Equity Consideration: The Office of the City Clerk has been effective in encouraging open and transparent government access. Oakland residents deserve access to clear and up to date policy. This funding supports continued work to encourage and support civic engagement. This funding will also ensure access for ESL residents, and Indigenous, Latino, Asian, immigrant and refugee communities in Oakland to be able to participate in meetings in real time in their native languages. Providing continuous language services will increase public access to public information, which will be beneficial to Oakland residents.
- Add $1.6M for November 2022 ballot measures
- Equity Consideration: This is a Council Amendment added and approved during budget adoption an equity statement was not developed for this item.
SIGNIFICANT BUDGETARY CHANGES
Note: Adjust the column widths at header row to view complete table.