As part of the biennial budget development process, the Mayor and City Council establish priorities based on the concerns and needs of the residents of Oakland. In compliance with the City’s policies on Budget Process, Fiscal Planning, Transparency, and Public Participation, the City conducted a priority setting process for development of the FY 2023-25 budget that was informed by:
• A Council Budget Workshop;
• Meetings with community groups, City staff, and other stakeholder groups;
• The results of a professional poll/survey with questions developed in conjunction with the City’s Budget Advisory Commission; and,
• Published top-five priorities from each City Councilmember.
BUDGET PRIORITIES POLL
The Budget Survey is conducted at the direction of the City’s Consolidated Fiscal Policy (CFP) and coordinated by the Budget Advisory Commission. Click the image below for full report.
MAYOR'S BUDGET PRINCIPLES
As we seek to achieve our goals, we are mindful of the values of the City of Oakland and our residents.
- Centering Equity - Centering equity is an intentional effort to prevent exacerbating racial disparities and to reduce racial disparities whenever possible.
- Valuing the City Workforce - Preserving current city staff and prioritizing the wellbeing and professional development of our dedicated & talented workforce, especially during this difficult time and into the future.
- Strategic Thinking - Encouraging creative and innovative strategies to become a more efficient and effective City. Solciting ideas for improvement Citywide regarding service delivery, organizational structures, internal processes, and utilization of technology, to become more efficient, effective, and equitable given limited resources.
COLLECTIVE CITY COUNCIL PRIORITIES
Click the image to explore the collective City Council Priorities.
COUNCIL PRIORITIES BY MEMBER
Click the image on the left to explore each Councilmember's Priorities.