General Administration : Financial Summary
General Administration for the City includes the City Council, Clerks, Mayor's Office, Information Technology, Finance, Legal, City Hall, Communications, and Human Resources departments. General Administration provides the support services for the entire City to provide the services requested from the citizens and City Council. To access the Meridian General Administration Department websites, please click here.
General Administration : Programs and Services Summary
The City of Meridian, ID (City) is determined to create long-term stability by evaluating how resources are used, and how those uses align with the priorities of our community. In 2018, the City implemented Priority Based Budgeting, an approach to budgeting that assesses the desired results of a community against the programs the government is currently offering and how impactful those programs are in achieving the desired outcomes.
Unlike the traditional incremental approach to government budgeting, where the current years budget becomes the basis for the next years spending plan, PBB allows communities, such as ours, to understand their core values and then budget according to these values. The underlying principles of the PBB framework is to question past patterns of spending and to prioritize resources to achieve long-term strategic goals of the community. PBB also lets us know the true cost of providing services and enhances transparency and accountability within the budgeting process.
General Administration provides a wide range of programs for the City’s internal and external customers (not inclusive of all programs provided).
- Public Hearings (City Council, Commissions)
- Street Lighting
- Public Records Management
- Budget Development and Financial Management
- Customer Support
- Community Outreach and Communications
- Mayor and Council Services
- Intergovernmental Relations
The City of Meridian financial data is made available on this website expressly subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The information provided on this website is the latest data available, but it should not be construed as a complete and accurate description, whether legal or otherwise.
- The City of Meridian makes no warranty whatsoever, whether expressed or implied, with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the data or its fitness for any particular purpose.
- In consideration for access to this data, the website visitor releases the City of Meridian, its officers, departments, authorities, agencies and employees from any and all claims and liabilities.
- The City of Meridian will not be liable for any damages that may arise from the use of any information made available on this website.