Community Development : Financial Summary
Community Development ensures that new development, development designs, land use changes, future development, and community business development adhere to federal and state laws, the City’s Comprehensive Plan, specific area plans, and City codes. To access the Meridian Community Development Department website, please click here.
Community Development : Programs and Services Summary
The City of Meridian, ID (City) is determined to create long-term stability by evaluating how resources are used, and how those uses align with the priorities of our community. In 2018, the City implemented Priority Based Budgeting, an approach to budgeting that assesses the desired results of a community against the programs the government is currently offering and how impactful those programs are in achieving the desired outcomes.
Unlike the traditional incremental approach to government budgeting, where the current years budget becomes the basis for the next years spending plan, PBB allows communities, such as ours, to understand their core values and then budget according to these values. The underlying principles of the PBB framework is to question past patterns of spending and instead to prioritize resources to achieve long-term strategic goals of the community. PBB also lets us know the true cost of providing services and enhances transparency and accountability within the budgeting process.
Community Development provides a wide range of programs for the City (not inclusive of all programs provided).
- Construction Project Site Inspection
- Comprehensive (Long-Range) Planning and Zoning
- Plan and Permitting Inspection/Review
- Transportation Planning
- Community Stakeholder Engagement
- Priority Growth Area Development
- Business Liaison
- Economic Development
The City of Meridian financial data is made available on this website expressly subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The information provided on this website is the latest data available, but it should not be construed as a complete and accurate description, whether legal or otherwise.
- The City of Meridian makes no warranty whatsoever, whether expressed or implied, with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the data or its fitness for any particular purpose.
- In consideration for access to this data, the website visitor releases the City of Meridian, its officers, departments, authorities, agencies and employees from any and all claims and liabilities.
- The City of Meridian will not be liable for any damages that may arise from the use of any information made available on this website.