To Serve with Purpose through Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Pride and Professionalism.
The effluent from the Watewater Treatment Plant is reused to irrigate Coastal Bermuda at the Irrigation Farm. The Irrigation Farm is managed by one plant operator.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide irrigation to our parks and City of Meadowlakes golf course.
- To provide irrigation to 234 acres for coastal hay production.
- To maintain the ponds, not to exceed the capacity of 66.6 million gallons.
- To continue to meet or exceed TCEQ requirements.
What We Accomplished in 2021-2022
- Production of more than 679 tons of coastal hay.
- Irrigation of 290 million gallons of reused water from the Wastewater Plant.
- Replaced one damaged side-roll mover at the Irrigation Farm along with replacement of 1 of 6 1993 Nelson big irrigation guns.
What We Plan to Accomplish in 2022-2023
- Continue to provide reuse water for the production of coastal hay.
- Continue the replacement of Nelson big irrigation guns.
- Continue the mesquite tree clearing and herbicide spraying program to optimize hay production.