We pledge to provide those who live, work and visit Marble Falls with the quality service by ensuring safe and efficient collection services.
The Wastewater Department consists of a supervisor and three employees and is responsible for line repairs, installation of taps, other maintenance required, and all new construction to be installed by City crews. The duties of the department are line extensions, replacing old water and wastewater lines with new lines, installing manholes, tie ins, conducts pressure tests on all new water lines and wastewater lines. To follow the guidelines set by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) to have bacterial samples for new water lines, mandrill tests, and pressure tests on new wastewater lines.
Goals and Objectives
- Operate and maintain the collection system in a safe, efficient and healthy manner.
- Protect the health and safety of the community and environment.
- Provide trained personnel who respond to calls 24 hours a day.
What We Accomplished in 2021-2022
- Installed 400' 6" sewer main between 3rd Street to 4th Street alley.
- Replaced old 21" sewer main from 2nd Street to Waste Water plant.
- Refurbished Pecan Valley Lift Station.
- Installed Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) units Broadway, Medical lift station.
- Installed clean outs at property lines to be able to tell if City problem or customers.
- Installed Flow Meter at Flat Rock Lift Station.
- Seal coated 5 manholes. Decrease Inflow and Infiltration (I & I) into the wastewater system.
- 2 licensed CDL.
What We Plan to Accomplish in 2022-2023
- Install 3400' 6" sewer main Ave. N Colorado to Trinity, Brazos St.
- Continue camera inspections of sewer system to identify problems areas and make repairs.
- Continue installing wastewater taps as permitted or required.
- Monitor lift stations on a regular basis to ensure no issues until SCADA alternative is installed on all lift stations.
- Line 5 manholes brick or that has I&I issues.
- Implement a plan for rehab of manholes due to Inflow and Infiltration.
- 1 CDL License.
- 4 Wastewater licenses.