Due to the ongoing and increased threat of COVID-19, Human Services is putting precautions in place for your safety. The Human Services office doors will be locked so we can safely monitor the needs of each client. Whenever possible:

1. Call ahead at 303-582-5444 to let us know what your needs are and to be sure we have staff available in the office. Our in-office hours will be from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. This can help us keep each other safe and reduce the need for face to face contact whenever possible.

2. If you need to drop off drop off documents, please use the drop box between the 2 front doors. If you need to speak to someone face to face, please use the outdoor call box. If you need to come into the Justice Center, we are going to ask you to sit in the main hallway. This will help us all to social distance.

3. A face covering is required when in our building. Please social distance at least 6 feet apart. Staff will be available to assist you from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm by phone or email. (see phone numbers and emails below). If you have ideas or suggestions on how we can improve our service to you, please call the number at the top of this page.

Human Services is committed to safely providing the best customer service and meeting the needs and expectations of the Gilpin County Community.

Adult and Child Protective Services

Our Social Casework Staff for Adult and Child Protection are on call 365 days, 24/7. If you need to report Child or Adult abuse or neglect, please call the statewide hotline at 1-844-CO-4-Kids or 1-844-264-5437 or visit If you have an emergency please call 911 first. If you need to talk with the supervisor of Adult and Child Protective Services, please call Janey Barker at 303-513-2406 or email her as

Community Benefits

Our community benefits team is available to check voicemail messages, call clients, and process eligibility. Phone appointments can be set up to process and update cases as needed .

For information or to apply for benefits such as LEAP, WIC, Medicaid, TANIF, adult finanical programs, and food assistance using the PEAK website: CLICK HERE

For questions you can leave a message for your case manager or on the main line: 303-582-5444. Once your eligibility has be determined, your initial EBT cards will be mailed from our office.

For questions please contact Karen Erdman at 720-429-7918. or email To reach a case manager please call or email David Josselyn at 720-434-0667 or and Katy Massa at 720-434-0180 or

Gilpin County FOOD BANK

Our Food Bank is offering curb side delivery to your car in the Justice Center parking lot every Thursday from 1:30 pm until 4:00 pm.

If you are interested in volunteering with our food pantry or if you are in need of a food box and are not able to pick one up please contact Jenni Josselyn at or 303-582-5444.

Senior Services

For the safety of our seniors and staff the senior Grab-n-go lunches is suspended until further notice. If you know of a senior in need of support or food assistance, please contact Mary Ellen at 303-582-9200 or

Gilpin Connect is on hold. This is at the request of our state and federal partners to enact “social distancing.” If you have questions, please call Mary Ellen. Please call Mary Ellen at 303-582-9200 or email if you have any questions.

If you would like to volunteer to help support the seniors in Gilpin County, please contact Mary Ellen.

Veterans Services

For Veterans services please contact Leon Pohl at 720-434-4273 or email him at

Thank you to all of the wonderful people of Gilpin County for all of your support and donations to our seniors and food bank. This is a model of what a caring communtiy looks like.