The Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau is a non-profit sales and marketing organization promoting Fredericksburg and Gillespie County as the premiere travel experience in Texas. We aim to inspire and attract high value visitors through knowledge, professionalism, and passion.
Goals and Objectives
The Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau will continue our dedication to increasing the positive economic impact of tourism for many sectors of the local economy, but also being cognizant of and working to maintain the quality of life of our residents.
To meet these goals, we will
- Market culinary experiences
- Market our heritage tourism product
- Market family experiences
- Market our retail and art galleries
- Market live music experience
- Market annual events
- Market our diverse lodging options
- Enhance marketing of meetings and conferences
- Enhance marketing of our wedding venues
- Promote our destination for film production
- Continue our stewardship campaign
What we plan to accomplish in 2022-2023
In addition to our ongoing marketing strategy, several major projects for FY 2023 include additional visitor research, a tourism master plan, continuing the stewardship campaign and completion of architectural plans for a possible expansion of the Visitor Information Center. We will also be a sponsor for IPW, International Pow Wow, the leading international inbound travel trade show to showcase America. In May 2023, IPW will be held in San Antonio for the first time ever. The last time IPW was in Texas was in Dallas in 2000.