City of Fond du Lac Updates
WI Government Updates
- Garbage and Recycling Collection
- Wastewater treatment
- Water treatment and utility service
- Law Enforcement
- Fire response and ambulance services
- All City offices in the City/County Government Center
- Bulky waste disposal
- Lakeside Park Splash Pad
- Senior Center remains closed, but continues to offer the "take-out" dining program and a few other programs.
- Library continues to offer curbside service and is partially reopened to the public. Check out their webpage for full details on current services available: www.fdlpl.org.
- Transit is still in service with many precautions in place.
- All park amenities have reopened, with the exception of the Lighthouse.
- Taylor Park Pool opened on June 15th with limited capacity and additional precautions taken. Visit www.fdlrecdept.com for full details.
Changes to City Operations:
- Minimized fire inspections that go into at risk occupancies.
- Assessor is minimizing public contact by avoiding interior inspections. They will continue exterior inspection and gather information and pictures via email or phone. Timeline for open book and board of review may be adjusted at a later date, if necessary.
- Municipal Court Initial appearances are being done remotely
- Municipal Court trials have altered procedures to allow for social distancing
- Offering opportunity to conduct Municipal Court Pretrials by email
- Instead of sending Officers, CSOs, Detectives, etc, to respond to calls for service or conducting follow up, we are conducting as much Police business as possible over the phone, via email, etc.
- Closed the Police Department lobby Drug Drop Box
- Discontinued providing fingerprinting services
- Assisted a number of local businesses through two new grant programs. The City’s Business Support Program and Redevelopment Authority’s Microenterprise Program offered grants of up to $5,000 to assist small, locally owned businesses with overhead and operational costs.
- Closed the Senior Center is closed with plans to reopen select programs on July 1st. The senior center staff has arranged for the dining program to be transitioned into a “to-go meal” for those who typically participate.
- Library main location has reopened, but continues to offer many library materials for curbside pickup
- Online services will be available to library cardholders such as Wisconsin Digital Library, TumbleBooks and Language Learning Online will continue to be available 24/7
- Transit provided PPE to drivers and added more cleaning of buses
- Transit put caution tape around the queen’s chair (non-ADA bench directly across from driver) and continues basic coach bus service, waiving fares and asking people to board and alight using the back door and maintain their social distancing
- Lakeside Park and all other parks are open for walking, running, biking, fishing, launching boats and the Boat slips are open as well. SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES DO APPLY TO ALL ACTIVITIES THAT ARE ALLOWED IN OUR PARKS. PLEASE OBSERVE THEM AND BE COURTEOUS TO OTHER PARK ATTENDEES SO WE CAN CONTINUE TO KEEP OUR PARKS OPEN.
- Items that are CLOSED as of 06/15/20 are: the Lighthouse
- Added signage to the open park facilities reminding visitors that social distancing guidelines should be followed
- Closed the customer service area at the Municipal Service Center lobby. Customer service is still available by phone and email.