Strategic Plan Goal: Enhanced Livability and Sense of Place
Customer Service Strategy:
We care about those we serve and we proactively, efficiently, thoughtfully and within the rule of law work to produce, preserve and provide due process for the integrity and safety of the community. We exist to assist.
- Durango Municipal Court maintains files on citations issued by the Durango and Fort Lewis College Police Departments and Animal Protection Department
- Court-ordered sentences and fines are processed in a legal and timely manner in accordance with Colorado state law
- Coordination for community service and defensive driving court-ordered sentencings
- Administrative support for Municipal Court Judges
Budget by Strategic Plan Goal
FY 2023 Total Budget: $371,800
FY 2023 General Fund: $130,600
Total FTE's: 2
90% of records requests provided within 24 hours
Budget by Type:
Source of Funds:
Strategic Operating Actions:
11. Safety: police and emergency services
1.1 Improve community health and well-being by promoting a safe community where people can live, work, and play by strengthening community involvement in resident safety.
1.1.2 Maximize Municipal Court efficiency and enhance customer experience. Pursue grant opportunities for operational efficiencies in municipal court for security costs and software upgrades as well as the court appointed attorney.
2022 Strategic Results:
- Complete an audit of processes by the Colorado Association of Municipal Court Administrators to verify compliance with all new legislation
- Update and maintain the appearance of the Municipal Court office as a professional and progressive Court of Record.
2023 Strategic Deliverables:
- Analyze and apply customer survey results
- Continue training and work on file scanning backlog into OnBase
- Texting options to coordinate with Full Court database to advise defendants of upcoming court appearances.
- Increase in pay for court-appointed attorneys to attract a larger pool of attorneys willing to take the appointments.
- A part-time court clerk may be sufficient.
Maintaining current service levels