Building and Plant
Strategic Plan Goal: Effective Infrastructure Network
Customer Service Strategy:
The Building and Plant division works to ensure a safe, functional and comfortable working environment to allow all associated City Departments to achieve their collective goals for the citizens of Durango.
- Provide a safe and clean work environment in all city facilities assigned to division
- Maintenance and repairs not provided for in-house by city staff are contracted to outside vendors
- Janitorial, HVAC, plumbing and electrical are some of the functions handled by this division
- Plan for ongoing facilities needs throughout the departments we serve.
Budget by Strategic Plan Goal
FY 2023 Total Budget: $658,076
FY 2023 General Fund:$658,076
Total FTE's: 3
Building Maintenance and Fleet Work Orders Demonstrates a high performing internal support function of building maintenance and repairs and investment in maintaining City assets.
Budget by Type:
Source of Funds:
Strategic Operating Actions:
4. Asset Management of Infrastructure
4.1 Complete 5-year CIPs for all infrastructure departments including Facilities with consideration s for efficiencies in maintenance costs.
4.2 Expand Infrastructure Management System. Determine the benefits, accommodations, and maintenance of the physical spaces analysis in an innovative operational
manner, that may result in remote or mobile options for City operations.
2022 Strategic Results:
- Improvement to the PD facilities to resolve outstanding problems from the previous Winter.
- Conduced facility analysis to look into office space alternatives.
- Introduced contractors for supplemental and special efforts.
- Launched Asset Management Project
2023 Strategic Deliverables:
- Developed facility evaluations to adapt more effectively to the needs of our workforces
- Researched projects in the Downtown Business District for improved amenities
- Leveraged asset management software to measure and improve our planned and reactive maintenance programs
- Studied electricity and natural gas consumption per building from baseline to continue persuing efficiency and use-reductions
Maintaining current service levels
Reduction in other contracted services to reflect five-year actuals $143K