Strategic Plan Goal: Effective Infrastructure Network
Customer Service Strategy:
We join Systems and Operators and Customers to provide Service, Stewardship and Resilience.
- Street maintenance
- Asphalt patching, concrete repair and replacement
- Alley maintenance
- Sign maintenance and installation
- Street centerline painting
- Curb and parking stall painting in the central business district
- Graffiti removal
- School crossing/ light maintenance
- 24-hour snow removal
- Maintain 78 center lane miles of roads and all alleys citywide
Budget by Strategic Plan Goal
FY 2023 Total Budget: $1,749,703
FY 2023 General Fund: $1,324,703
Total FTE's 14.6
Cumulative Lane Miles of Roadway Pavement Improved This metric tracks Pavement Condition as determined by profilograph analysis and system inspection to determine asphalt distress. It is indicated as a percentage of an ideal 100%. 65% is considered an adequate score.
Budget by Type:
Source of Funds:
Strategic Operating Actions:
1. Mobility: Accessibility, Transit, and Streets System
1.6 Maintain streets accessibility.
1.6.1 Keep Durango clean, safe, and sustainable by replacing faded and damaged signs, removing dead animals, graffiti and providing a spring and a fall clean up rubbish removal.
1.6.2 Maintain high levels of service and access in core street functions including Snow removal, painting all street markings yearly, minimizing corridor impact cleanliness for bicycle and community health, pothole repair, alley maintenance, and pavement defect repairs.
2022 Strategic Results:
- Conducted pavement preservation by crack sealing 1,200 linear feet
- Completed maintenance operations on 570,240 square yards of street surface
2023 Strategic Deliverables:
- Proactive street preservation and maintenance through asphalt patching, concrete repair and replacement
- Alley maintenance and repair
- Street sign installation, management and maintenance
- Street paint maintenance to include centerline striping throughout the City and curb and parking stall painting in the central business district
- Removal of graffiti
- Ensure safety through maintenance of safety school crossings and signals
Addition of Asphalt Recycle Machine in 2023, capable of recycling old asphalt to be used patching potholes and large defects in pavement.
Anticipation of a full crew in 2023 and are budgeting accordingly for labor and materials. Reductions in levels of service may continue into 2023 depending on the ability of the city to obtain and retain qualified workers