Strategic Plan Goal: Financial Excellence & High Performing Government
Customer Service Strategy:
The Human Resources Department will be the model for high quality, responsive, customer-focused service. Proactive, simplified processes will be developed and continually refined. The focus of effort by the Human Resources professionals will be aimed at informing, engaging, and partnering with City leaders, supervisors, and individual employees in order to establish, develop, and foster cooperative relationships which will facilitate the achievement of The City of Durango’s strategic plan goals and objectives.
- Promote safety awareness and accident reduction City-wide.
- Coordinate safety for all City employees.
- Handles all citizen and City property casualty and motor vehicle liability claims.
- Complete accident investigations, job site visits and facility visits.
- Administer federally mandated Driver Qualification program and drug testing for all CDL employees.
Budget by Strategic Plan Goal
FY 2023 Total Budget: $1,556,191
FY 2023 General Fund: $758,892
Total FTE's: 1
City Employee Safety The Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR) is a nationally recognized standard safety metric. It is based upon the total number of work-related injury and illness cases reported that, generally speaking, required more than standard first aid treatment, as it relates to the total number of employee hours worked.
Budget by Type:
Source of Funds:
Strategic Operating Actions:
3.2.2 Reassess and revamp employee safety programs, including Orange Cone Program, safety awards for hazardous jobs, safety concern reporting, and safety concern suggestions.
3.2.3 Increase CIRSA training programs completion participation rate.
2022 Strategic Results:
- Two quarterly Orange Cone award winners received recognition and gift certificates.
- Two departments received incentives for accident reduction.
- City wide reminders were given to promote our safety concern reporting and suggestion format.
- Facility Safety Awareness campaign rolled out City wide during the month of August.
- CIRSA safety training completion participation rate at 95%.
2023 Strategic Deliverables:
- Striving towards winning four quarterly Orange Cone award
- Accident reduction incentives
- Safe Driving campaign to include driving training conducted by CIRSA.
Targeting 95% completion rate for CIRSA safety training
Risk Management budget is now being charged for more expenses to a shared copier/printer at the Service Center. Printing budget will go from $20 annually to $500 annually.
Maintaining current service levels