Strategic Plan Goal: Effective Infrastructure Network
Customer Service Strategy:
The DRO team proudly serves our users and community by operating airport facilities in a safe, efficient, and sustainable way with a focus on friendly service and local convenience. The Airport Maintenance division supports this mission by providing professional maintenance services while ensuring that all aircraft and people can traverse the airport in a safe and comfortable manner. The Maintenance team also maintains critical airfield infrastructure and terminal facilities. The Maintenance division strives to deliver prompt and efficient service to tenants submitting work requests, while also addressing the needs of the traveling public as they traverse the terminal and landside grounds.
- Facility maintenance – Terminal, fire station, and maintenance facilities
- Airfield maintenance, including pavement areas, lighting, signage, markings, and grounds
- Landside maintenance, including 1,400 acres of grounds, pavement areas, lighting, signage, and markings
- Airport fleet and equipment maintenance
Budget by Strategic Plan Goal
FY 2023 Total Budget: $1,069,815
FY 2023 General Fund: $1,069,815
Total FTE's: 4
Operating Cost Per Enplaned Passenger The Durango-La Plata County Airport consistently outperforms comparable regional airports in sustaining lower operating costs per enplaned passenger while maintaining tenant and passenger satisfaction with airport facilities.
Budget by Type:
Source of Funds:
Strategic Operating Actions:
3.1 Operate and maintain airport facilities in a safe, efficient, and sustainable manner to support all forms of aviation services.
3.3 Implement Airport Master Plan.
3.3.1 Rehabilitate Runway 3/21.
3.3.2 Reconstruct Taxiway A between A2 and South GA Apron.
3.3.3 Complete design and begin construction of Phase 1A of terminal development.
3.3.4 Initiate design on Phase 1 of terminal landside rental car and public parking expansion.
2022 Strategic Results:
- Assembled a post-security outdoor patio addition to serve growing passenger traffic during the peak summer season
- Established a contract to provide custodial service to the airport terminal facility
- Converted airport supply/material inventories to an electronic format
- Closed over 800 work orders
- Established a formal annual pavement crack sealing plan
- Three employees completed a CAOA airfield surface painting training course
2023 Strategic Deliverables:
- Develop a comprehensive preventative maintenance plan to incorporate all airport facilities, airfield, and grounds infrastructure
- Establish a formal annual surface painting program
- Complete annual airside and landside painting on all surfaces
- Attend CAOA maintenance training course
- Provide support services for the Terminal Phase 1A expansion project and work with the on-site contractor to maintain critical services.
- Implementing snow removal bonus to achieve maximum winter staffing
- Implementing pay for certification trial program and professional development
- Shifting custodial services to an external contract
- Resuming crackfill material purchases after a year off due to inventory buildup
- Conducting facility upgrades to rental car wash bay facilities
- Increasing funding for concrete curb and sidewalk repairs
Reducing equipment tire replacement funding after catch up expenses over last two years