Airport Fire Rescue & Operations
Strategic Plan Goal: Effective Infrastructure Network
Customer Service Strategy:
The DRO team proudly serves our users and community by operating airport facilities in a safe, efficient, and sustainable way with a focus on friendly service and local convenience. The Airport Maintenance division supports this mission by providing professional maintenance services while ensuring that all aircraft and people can traverse the airport in a safe and comfortable manner. The Maintenance team also maintains critical airfield infrastructure and terminal facilities. The Maintenance division strives to deliver prompt and efficient service to tenants submitting work requests, while also addressing the needs of the traveling public as they traverse the terminal and landside grounds.
- Responsible for Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF), incident management, medical emergency response, public safety, airport security, and airfield operations
- Safety, operational, and security-based rules and regulations of the Federal Aviation Administration and Transportation Security Administration are maintained
- Airport parking system management and customer service
Budget by Strategic Plan Goal
FY 2023 Total Budget: $1,228,409
FY 2023 General Fund: $1,228,409
Total FTE's: 10
Operating Cost Per Enplaned Passenger The Durango-La Plata County Airport consistently outperforms comparable regional airports in sustaining lower operating costs per enplaned passenger while maintaining tenant and passenger satisfaction with airport facilities.
Budget by Type:
Source of Funds:
Strategic Operating Actions:
3.1 Operate and maintain airport facilities in a safe, efficient, and sustainable manner to support all forms of aviation services.
3.3 Implement Airport Master Plan.
3.3.1 Rehabilitate Runway 3/21.
3.3.2 Reconstruct Taxiway A between A2 and South GA Apron.
3.3.3 Complete design and begin construction of Phase 1A of terminal development.
3.3.4 Initiate design on Phase 1 of terminal landside rental car and public parking expansion.
2022 Strategic Results:
- Implemented a formal training program outline for ARFF/Ops personnel, applicable to both entry and advanced levels
- Two Lieutenant positions were created within the ARFF/Ops division - Training Coordinator and Security Coordinator
- The airport parking system has new credit card chip readers which has reduced the number of errors misreading customer credit cards.
2023 Strategic Deliverables:
- Acquire a new Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) Vehicle
- Develop a compressive set of Standard Operating Guidelines and Procedures for ARFF and Security operations
- Develop a training and exercise program for incident recovery operations to include joint operations with the LPC EOC
- Provide better customer service and reduce hours spent on managing the airport parking system by improving the system performance through upgrades in the network and equipment maintenance.
- Implementing full snow removal availability bonus to achieve maximum winter staffing
- Implementing pay for certification trial program to promote employee development
- Increasing training funding to promote employee development
- Adding two new part-time ARFF/Operations positions to assist with shift coverage and overtime reduction. Positions will also aid in vacancy coverage as employee turnover occurs
- Upgrading FAA inspection and maintenance work order software
Maintaining current service levels