The mission of the Finance and Budget Department is to provide strategic financial leadership, efficient fiscal management and excellent customer service to schools and departments of the Cambridge Public Schools. The department leads the annual budget development process, engaging internal and external stakeholders, to ensure transparency and a budget that is aligned to the priorities of the district. The Finance department includes four divisions: Budget, Payroll, Purchasing and Accounts Payable, and Grants Management.
- Support district leadership in aligning budgetary resources to the CPS District plan to implement key strategic initiatives and meet outcome goals.
- Partner with Cambridge Community Foundation and Thrive! to conduct an equity audit of the CPS budget, with the goal of centering equity and student success in the budgeting process.
- Expand roll-out of online budget and gather feedback from the public about most useful information and metrics.
- Expand the capacity of payroll staff through departmental cross-training to ensure efficient payroll processing regardless of staff turnover or composition.
- Improve customer service to schools and departments through staff training.