The Human Resources (HR) Department’s mission is to administer personnel and staffing practices and policies to ensure a well-qualified, diverse educational and support staff.
The department is responsible for overseeing recruitment, hiring, and internal transfer processes for all teacher, professional, administrative, paraprofessional, instructional support, substitute teacher, systems, operational, and other staff. HR ensures that employment practices are consistent with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action objectives, as well as employee policies and the district’s eight collective bargaining agreements.
- Create a robust recruitment and retention strategy that uses ongoing data to capture employee experiences and by broadening outreach to diversify applicant pools.
- Expand the Educator Pathway Program to support district hiring needs in hard to hire areas such as English language learner programs and special education.
- Partner with the Academic and Schools Dept. and CEA to improve evaluation systems for all staff to support professional growth as part of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Create a comprehensive, welcoming and user-friendly onboarding process and experience for all staff.
- Build the capacity of the building/district leaders in the resolution of Employee Personnel Matters at the school level, when appropriate.