About the Public Works Department
The mission of the Public Works Department is to support the goals and objectives of the Board of Supervisors and provide efficient and accountable service to the residents of Colusa County.
Significant Accomplishments for Fiscal Year 2020-21:
- Initiated contracts to replace CSA2 wells, CSA1 Contact tank, and westerly section of Lodoga Stonyford Road.
- Completed hydraulic mitigation on Stony Creek at Lodoga Stonyford Road
- Completed Hillgate Road improvements utilizing a combination of funding sources including development impact fees & RMRA SB1 funds.
- Continue to maintain quality Transit service, including meal deliveries during the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Maintained uninterrupted solid waste disposal service.
Goals & Objectives for Fiscal Year 2021-2022:
- Ensure Safety: Maintain, and when possible improve, infrastructure to provide the greatest level of safety to our constituents and the traveling public.
- Invest in People: Encourage continuous individual improvement, while at the same time, fostering a cooperative spirit not only a the department level, but organization wide as well.
- Maximize the efficiency of our services: Make the best use of resources by focusing on those services that have the greatest positive impact on our constituents.
- Improve communication: Explore and utilize the myriad of platforms available to disseminate and gather information.
Summary of Major Budget Changes: