About the Sheriff - Coroner Office
As the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the County the purpose of the Sheriff's Office is to ensure public safety by providing professional law enforcement services, maintain the care and custody of prisoners and securing the courts.
Significant Accomplishments for Fiscal Year 2022-23:
- The Sheriff’s Office worked closely with its partners and continue to move forward with the new Colusa County Detention and Treatment Facility. The Sheriff’s Office and County has received approval from the California Department of Finance and State Public Works Board to move forward into the planning stage as well as authorizing invoicing for reimbursement.
- The Sheriff’s Office remained committed to providing the most effective law enforcement services to all Colusa County residents. The Sheriff’s Office worked diligently to reduce agricultural thefts, narcotic enterprise, gang activity and other criminal activity throughout the county.
- The Sheriff’s Office continued to fulfill required fiduciary responsibilities.
- The Sheriff’s Office continues to work closely with Human Resources to attract and retain quality employees. The Sheriff’s Office continues to maintain compliance with all training and hiring requirements through P.O.S.T.
- The Colusa County Jail Security Camera System project was completed.
- Received two (2) of the five (5) new vehicles. Three (3) patrol interceptors are still outstanding.
- The New Records Management System project was completed.
- The Sheriff’s Office has maintained a safe work environment.
Goals & Objectives for Fiscal Year 2023-24:
- Achieve complete staffing levels
- Improve/maintain the infrastructure for the Sheriff’s Office, Jail and Animal Control.
- Continue forward progress with the new jail project
- Remain dedicated to providing quality public services to the citizens of Colusa County.
- Remain Fiscally conservative in budgeting and expenditures.
Summary of Major Budget Changes:
- Jail Budget required 11 New Expense Forms affecting General Fund Budget.
- Animal control budget has one grant and one potential grant budgeted in revenue and expenditures.
- New Vehicles are now 78% of RLE annual revenue.