About the Treasurer - Tax Collector Office
The purpose of the Treasurer - Tax Collector's Office is to collect taxes and invest the proceeds on behalf of the County, schools and special districts. The Office is also responsible for the billing and management of County business licenses.
Significant Accomplishments for Fiscal Year 2020-21:
- Our department remained open to the public during the year of Covid challenges.
- Remained consistent in collecting above 95% of property taxes.
- Implemented online option for payment of current year taxes, as well as credit, debit, ivr and e-check options to pay taxes.
- Began preparations for Tax Sale taking place August 3rd-5th.
Goals & Objectives for Fiscal Year 2021-22:
- Implement new Financial System.
- Implement new Business License Portal.
- Conduct On-line tax sale August 3rd-5th, 2021.
Summary of Major Budget Changes: