About the District Attorney Office
The purpose of the District Attorney's Office is prosecute crimes committed within the County of Colusa and to effectively provide services to victims and witnesses of crimes.
Significant Accomplishments for Fiscal Year 2022-23:
- Completed a transition from DA Beauchamp to DA Farrell, while overcoming the loss of two DDA-IIIs without a loss or break in public service.
- Completed multiple jury trials successfully. Continued to secure successful prosecutions throughout the year.
- Hired a new attorney, a local woman—and Colusa High Grad-- named Violeta Garcia. We successfully recruited her through our internship program. She won her first trial in March and is showing a great deal of promise.
Goals & Objectives for Fiscal Year 2023-24:
- Retain current staff.
- Hire a new Legal Specialist.
- Hire a Deputy District Attorney I.
- Continue to train and provide experience to Ms. Garcia.
- Complete the trial of Martin Ehrke in August. Complete other major trials and lesser cases. Continue to protect public safety day in and day out.
Summary of Major Budget Changes: