About the Sheriff - Coroner Office
As the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the County the purpose of the Sheriff's Office is to ensure public safety by providing professional law enforcement services, maintain the care and custody of prisoners and securing the courts.
Significant Accomplishments for Fiscal Year 2020-21:
- The Sheriff’s Office worked closely with its partners and continue to move forward with the new Colusa County Detention and Treatment Facility.
- The Sheriff’s Office remained committed to providing the most effective law enforcement services to all Colusa County residents. The Sheriff’s Office worked diligently to reduce agricultural thefts, narcotic enterprise, gang activity and other criminal activity throughout the county.
- The Sheriff’s Office continued to fulfill required fiduciary responsibilities.
- The Sheriff’s Office continues to work closely with Human Resources to attract and retain quality employees. The Sheriff’s Office continues to maintain compliance with all training and hiring requirements through P.O.S.T.
- The Lodoga repeater project is nearing completion.
- The Colusa County Jail security camera system project is in beginning stages.
- New software for Civil Office in progress.
- Received four (4) of Five (5) new vehicles.
- The Sheriff’s Office has maintained a safe work environment while configuring its operations to avoid COVID-19 exposures.
Goals & Objectives for Fiscal Year 2021-22:
- Achieve complete staffing levels
- Improve/maintain the infrastructure for the Sheriff’s Office facilities, jail, and animal control.
- Continue forward progress with the new jail project
- Remain dedicated to providing quality public services to the people of Colusa County.
- Remain Fiscally conservative in budgeting and expenditures.
Summary of Major Budget Changes:
- Four replacement vehicles. Efforts underway to procure grant funding.
- Anticipated commencement of submitting reimbursements for new Colusa County Detention and Treatment Facility.
- Continue with replacement of the Jail Security Control System budgeted at $425,000.
- Replace Records Management System. Estimated Cost of $ 380,000.